Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hello, yeah it's been awhile. Not much, how about you?

Yes, yes...I know. It's been quite some time since I have blogged. I have been busy and there is so much to tell.


School-I started school on the 20th. I was so nervous, but the nerves went away and I am having a great time. The first couple of days were lecture and notes. The last three days we actually got to bake. I have baked biscuits, scones, banana bread, and focaccia bread. The boys have tried everything I have brought home, so has my mom, Doug (obviously) and most of the people in the office park where the shop is. The first leg of my classes are finished and tomorrow I start Basic Pastries 2. I am excited to go to school and I can't wait to see what I am baking this week. I petition to graduate tomorrow as well.


My oven-My oven died. This has been a tragedy since I am so excited to have started school, I wanted to practice at home to find my oven dead. I decided to call Rudy F. Gonzales to get his opinion as to what I should do, he then gave me the name of an oven repair guy who bears the RFG seal of approval. I was thrilled. I called and made an appointment for him to come. He showed up Thursday night and it turns out he and Doug have known each other for years. They were thrilled to see one another. I just cringed, because I truly married my grandmother. She knows EVERYONE and apparently so does Doug. ANYWAY, they guy repairs the oven. I'm thrilled. THEN, as he was moving the oven back, he touched some exposed wire and blew a fuse in the kitchen. When the fuse blew, it blew the motherboard in my damn oven. I thought I was going to cry. We had to order the part and it will get here Tuesday. When it gets here, we have to call him and he will come install it. As a side note, he did share with us how he has a foot fetish and loves massaging ladies feet to the point they have an orgasm. He was telling this story and all I was thinking was how my feet are bare and he is giving me the creeps. I have a feeling that if I told RFG this story, the seal would be taken away.


Matthew and Michael-The boys are fantastic. Matthew started skiing last weekend. He loves it. I thought he would have to start from scratch, but he remembered everything from last winter and has already been on the chair and down easy street many times. He is so good. His friend at school, Logan, has been getting Matthew to play football at recess with the other kids. Matthew really likes it. The other boys accept him because Logan does and they pass him the ball and he runs. Apparently it is very cute to watch him and he loves it. Logan is a really good kid. Michael is doing well. He told us that he broke up with his girlfriend because she would not play Star Wars. I felt that was a great reason. He and I have spent the last two Sunday mornings together and it has been fun. Last Sunday we went to my moms and had breakfast. Today we played Monopoly (mammers won, I ran out of money) and we built a cafe out of Lego's. It was really nice to hang out with him. He is so funny. He has a great sense of humor. We bought him a new baseball glove yesterday, it's almost time for baseball again.


Generally-I believe that 2009 is going to be a year for many changes. I don't want to go into great detail (especially since I don't have a lot) but Doug and I are talking about moving. We are tired of Santa Fe and feel like there is nothing keeping us here. We are looking at a few places. I will keep you posted.


I think that's about it. I will start posting pictures of the items I bake. AH yes, I will tell you that I am going to start experimenting with various recipes. I got this silicon pan (see pic)
and I thought of a recipe for it. Chocolate cake with a creamy cheesecake filling and chocolate icing. I will call them Love Nibbles. What do you think? Picture of the Nibbles coming this week (as soon as the oven is fixed!).

No comments: