Sunday, March 1, 2009

So, what have you been doing?

UGH! Thursday poor Matthew came home sick. He had an ear ache, stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, and was just plain punky. Poor guy. When Matthew gets sick, he gets sick. The worst part is, we never know how sick he really is. His pain thresh hold is so high, that if you ask him if he's feeling all right, he says he feels good, yet he looks like hell. He is feeling better and was able to go skiing today. He still suffers from allergies, but at least he looks like himself (not pale and sickly) and his fever is gone. Now Michael has a cough. I hope it doesn't last long. The little mam...

Saturday I hung out with the kids and made creme brulee, ham and cheese scones, and apricot and pecan scones. I can not stand creme brulee but made it for Gram and Gramps. The scones were very good. Not a huge fan of all that bread, but still quite yummy. Doug golfed.

Today, Matthew went skiing. He had such a good time. He has learned how to turn and stop on skis. He was so proud. Next week is the last week of the ski program. Matthew will get a certificate and a nice picture of him with his instructor. I am so proud of him. Mammer and I went to my moms and had coffee and scones. It was nice to hang out with her. I also have enjoyed the past few weeks of hanging out with Michael. He is so funny and I am amazed at how bright he is. He also has quite the memory. He loves to sing and he has a great sense of humor. Our Sunday ended at Gram and Gramps with dinner. They are so funny and I enjoy spending time with them. I like taking them treats and the boys enjoy being over at their house. Gram has a new digital frame that she has 300 pics that scroll. The best thing was she has a picture of my mom and dad at his graduation party and Matthew saw it. HE WAS AMAZED and asked Grandma if he could have it. I can not wait to show my mother that photo. To also top it off, she has a TON of pics from their wedding. Classic.

This evening, packed lunches, got clothes ready for the kids. I start a new class tomorrow. My school bag is all packed and my chef jacket is pressed and ready to be worn.

There is my weekend. What have you been up to?

No comments: